My pinwheel variants have improved dramatically in a very short space of time. I can now get my centre points to meet and often the blocks remain square!
I’ve found, since I began sewing, that I do have quite a good eye for colour (in my own opinion only, I admit!) but I’ve now had my first real disaster.
This is supposed to be a Bear Paw block to be added to a shopping bag. As you can see, the pattern is totally lost as I’ve chosen fabrics without enough contrast. When I realised what I’d done, I did consider not finishing but then realised that practice makes perfect. So I quickly (and not very carefully) ran it up on the machine, making several more mistakes along the way!